Monday, April 23, 2012

Game of Internets

Game of Thrones is a fairly new HBO series that can only be described as epic.  Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have a rather large soft spot for anything involving a medieval setting, but this show really does have a bit of something for everybody.  You'll laugh!  You'll cry!  You'll learn to hate!  You'll learn to love!  Like any good HBO series, this one, too, has its share of twists and turns.  I'll try to describe it as briefly as I can.

Game of Thrones opens on the Stark family, lords of the North.  Their city, Winterfell, stands between The Wall and the rest of the realm, which no longer believes there are horrible monsters lurking in the thick, dark woods just to the North.  Of course the monsters are still there; it's just everyone else in the realm has been so busy murdering each other that they seem to have forgotten why The Wall was built in the first place.  Savages called White Walkers live in the forest, performing witchcraft, bringing their mutilated victims back from the dead, eating human children, and enjoying a myriad of other pleasant pastimes.  And, they're becoming organized.  No, no, that couldn't be.  Those are old wives tales.  White Walkers no longer exist, nor do Dragons, Giants, or Spell Weavers.  Whilst the seven Kingdoms bicker over the throne, the Nightwatch patrol The Wall, fighting their own war, too ghastly to be a reality.  There is a long winter ahead...

That synopsis only covers a brief portion of the series, which darts back and forth from family to family, weaving a tale comparable to a train wreck in slow motion, or a Rube Goldberg machine.  You see all the parts coming together.  You don't want it to happen, but you can't look away.
So, have I got your attention?  What's that you say, good lords and ladies?  You wish to watch Game of Thrones, unencumbered by the restrictions of cable networking?  You don't want to steal it or take up the hard drive space on your computer?  Fear not!  The internet is here to help.

All that I ask of you is that you post a comment telling me what you think of it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this series and I have the all the books if you want to borrow them you can, the books are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see much teets. I am happy cat. Mhm.


    On a serious note, it is a good series. I have more respect for it than most others although, I tend to fall off the path with new series during the break between series.

    This may be an exception.

    ReplyDelete