Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Modeling

Each year, a particular hair product company holds a seminar somewhere in Chicago, to show other hair dressers how to be spontaneous and eclectic and give people hair cuts that nobody would actually ever want in real life.  For whatever reason, I have volunteered to get my hair played with for the second year in a row.  I tell myself change is good, and a little twist will keep me on my toes.  The trick is to keep my fragile self esteem intact while doing something I'm completely uncomfortable with.

For the second year in a row, I have failed miserably.  That isn't to say that the hair dressers didn't do a magnificent job.  They did!  However, it takes a certain type of natural glamor to strut around with a fashion mullet. A woman such as myself, who tends toward days at a time without showering and dirty t-shirts, has nothing to gain from this type of hair cut.

There is a big difference between what they thought I'd look like and what I actually look like.

Regardless of the less than satisfactory results, I can say this:  I had a good time, and I look pretty good in a dress.  Sorry this is the only picture I have of me head to toe.  If they put a video up, I'll link it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment